The research industry is in a mad ferment to cram the education in before summer starts in earnest. I hope you’ll join me at one of these upcoming conferences:
- 2013 Insights & Strategies Conference – The Marketing Research Association’s conference in Orlando promises a rich program. I’m especially looking forward to Niels Schillewaert of InSites offering his insights about crowd interpretation, Steve August of Revelation revealing what he knows about mobile qual, Annie Pettit of Conversition’s conversing on social media listening and Greg Heist of Gongos going gonzo about insight curation
- Insight Innovation Exchange, North America – The IIEX is the new kid on the conference block, celebrating the new kids on the research block, with introductions from a range of up-and-coming research and technology firms. Hope to see you in Philadelphia
- 3D Digital Dimensions 2013 – This ESOMAR conference is always a treat. Originally focused on online research, in recent years it has added the dimensions of social media market research and mobile research (hence the name 3D). It alternates between the U.S. and Europe every other year – this year it’s in Boston
Can’t travel to a conference? I’ll blog as much as I can from each event. But here are some virtual opportunities as well:
- Radio NewMR – Radio NewMR is back on the dial today for a 5-week series of 1-hour shows. I’ll be discussing the AAPOR non-probability sampling report with Reg Baker on the show on June 26
- Camp Rockstar, Online Research Training – I’m joining my friend Kathryn Korostoff of Research Rockstar to engage one of my passions, teaching research techniques. I’ll be the co-instructor on separate 4-week classes on questionnaire design and online research methods
So we’ll continue the education opportunities right into the summer. One thing I love about the research industry — there’s always more to learn.